Grande Prairie Area Update

Grande Prairie Forest Area Wildfire Update - December 9, 2021

Posted on Thu, Dec 09, 2021

Tree Cutting Permit

Cutting Christmas trees from Alberta's forests

To cut your own Christmas tree from Alberta’s public forests, you simply need a Personal Use Forest Products Permit (PUFPP). The permit allows you to harvest up to three Christmas trees from designated areas on Crown land. 

For more information or to obtain a Personal Use Forest Products Permit (PUFPP) to cut your own Christmas tree visit or click here.


Alberta Wildfire Survey

Learning about wildfires in your community is vital for many Albertans. Please help us better share information when and where you need it most by taking a few minutes to answer our survey: 


Now Accepting Applications for Junior Forest Ranger Crew Leader and Sub Leader

Leaders and Sub Leaders  positions are now open. We are looking for highly motivated, enthusiastic, dependable and outdoor-oriented individuals to lead our JFR crews. If this is you apply here today!


Do your part to prevent spring wildfires by always making sure your winter campfire is out before you leave. Soak it, stir it and soak it again! #ABWildfire 

The 2021 wildfire season in Alberta ended on October 31. Permits are no longer required to burn within the Forest Protection Area of Alberta. Residents living outside the Forest Protection Area (FPA) can contact their municipality or local authority for more information about fire permit requirements.

For more information on the wildfire situation across the province of Alberta visit 

For more information:

Kelly Burke | Wildfire Information Officer

(780) 832 7235

Phone: 1-866-394-3473






Subscribe to Grande Prairie Area Updates