The wildfire danger for the Grande Prairie Forest Area is HIGH. The fire advisory will remain in effect until conditions improve. If you see a wildfire, report it immediately by calling 310-FIRE.
Since March 1, 2021 there have been 39 wildfires burning nearly 60 hectares in the Grande Prairie Forest Area. All fire are extinguished. Gusty winds and warmer weather will continue to increase the potential for wildfire events in the area. There is a high chance that lightning will pass through the area over the next 24 hours. New lightning caused wildfires may be a result. For more information on the current wildfire situation across the province of Alberta visit wildfirestatus.alberta.ca
A fire advisory is in effect for the Grande Prairie Forest Area section of the Forest Protection Area due to forecast winds and increasing temperatures.
Under this advisory:
- Existing fire permits are still valid, but be sure to review your permit conditions prior to burning.
- New permits will be issued on a case-by-case basis, only for essential burning.
- Any burning without a valid fire permit, other than a campfire.
From March 1st until October 31st, fire permits are required for any burning except campfires in the Forest Protection Area (FPA) of Alberta. Do not burn during windy conditions. Anyone living outside the FPA can contact their municipality for information about local fire permit requirements.
- County West / Grovedale - (780) 814-1648
- Spirit River – (780) 814-1983
- Valleyview – (780) 524-6576