Cooler temperatures create a low wildfire danger in the Whitecourt Forest Area. Although it is harder for a wildfire to start, it is always important to take the time to prevent a wildfire.
WILDFIRE SITUATION (1000hrs)
Whitecourt Forest Area
- There are 0 wildfires in the Whitecourt Forest Area.
- Since March 1, 2018, there have been 52 wildfires; with a total area burnt of 14.00 hectares.
Province of Alberta
- There are 13 wildfires in the Forest Protection Area of Alberta.
- Current wildfire status: 8 are Under Control (UC), and 4 have been turned over to the responsible party.
- Since March 1, 2018, Alberta has recorded 1,233 wildfires; with a total area burnt of 59,789.70 hectares.
For more information, visit the Alberta Wildfire status map.
HELP PREVENT WILDFIRE
Campfires and off-highway vehicles can start wildfires, follow these tips to reduce the risk:
FIRE PERMITS ARE REQUIRED
Until October 31, free fire permits are required for any burning (except campfires) within the Forest Protection Area of Alberta. Permits help firefighters know where planned burning is taking place, leaving them ready to respond to new wildfires.
If you need a fire permit in the Whitecourt Forest Area, call 780-778-7272.
If you burn without a permit, or outside of the permit conditions, your fire is a wildfire. Learn more.
NOW IS THE TIME TO MAKE YOUR PROPERTY FIRESMART
As the leaves start to fall, it's time to clean the roof, rake the lawn, and gather fire wood...did you know each impacts how FireSmart your property is?
ALBERTA WILDFIRE INFORMATION
- Email: subscribe to the email distribution list for the Whitecourt Forest Area Wildfire Update.
- Web sites: wildfire.alberta.ca, wildfirestatus.alberta.ca, Albertafirebans.ca
- Mobile Apps: