WHITECOURT FOREST AREA
The wildfire danger in the Whitecourt Forest Area is MODERATE.
Wildfire WCU002 is burning west of Tomahawk between range road 63 and range road 70, and between township roads 510 and 514.
Alberta Wildfire is assisting Parkland County with wildfire operations.
A mutual aid resource sharing agreement enables the province to share wildland fire resources. Alberta Wildfire has agreements with local municipalities, such as Parkland County to provide firefighting resources when requested.
Evacuations are initiated by the local municipality and enforced by the RCMP. Alberta Agriculture and Forestry does not enact evacuation orders.
Please visit www.parklandcounty.com or Parkland County’s Facebook and Twitter pages for updates.
For evacuation information, please visit: https://emergencyalert.alberta.ca/
Enjoying a campfire this summer? Here are some tips on how to have a safe campfire:
- Before heading out this summer check out https://www.albertafirebans.ca/ for the latest updates in your area
- Make a safe ring of rocks to contain the campfire if you're in the backcountry or use a designated fire pit when visiting a campground
- Never leave a campfire unattended
- When you're finished with your campfire soak it, stir it, and soak it again
- We ask that you stir and soak your campfire again as the campfire can burn into the ground and may re-ignite later causing a wildfire
- Always make sure your campfire is cool to the touch before leaving the area
Since March 1, 2021, there have been 23 wildfires in the Whitecourt Forest Area, burning approximately 2.85 hectares. There were three previously reported wildfires that began before March 1, 2021, burning a total of 0.23 hectares. All 26 wildfires have been extinguished.
Since March 1, 2021, there have been 398 wildfires recorded in the Forest Protection Area of Alberta, burning a total of 1,001 hectares.
For more information on the current wildfire situation across the province of Alberta, visit wildfirestatus.alberta.ca
DOWNLOAD THE NEW ALBERTA WILDFIRE APP
Download the NEW Alberta Wildfire App to access provincial wildfire status maps and updates on your mobile device.
Reporting a Wildfire
General Information Related to Alberta Wildfire or Fire Bans, Restrictions, or Advisories
General/Other Forestry Related Questions
- Alberta Wildfire
- Alberta Fire Bans
- FireSmart in Alberta
- Alberta Emergency Alerts
- Air Quality Health Index
- Wildfire Smoke and Your Health
- 511 Road Reports
- Emergency Preparation