The wildfire danger in the Rocky Mountain House Forest Area is now VERY HIGH.
There have been no new wildfires in the Rocky Mountain House Forest Area.
A fire advisory remains in effect for the Rocky Mountain House Forest Area, due to forecasted hot and dry weather.
Under this advisory:
- New fire permits will issued on an as needed basis.
- Any burning without a valid fire permit, other than a campfire, is prohibited.
- safe wood campfires
- backyard fire pits
- portable propane fire pits
- gas or propane stoves and barbecues
- catalytic or infrared-style heaters
This fire advisory will remain in effect until conditions change.
WILDFIRE SITUATION UPDATE
There are currently three wildfires in the Rocky Mountain House Forest Area:
- RWF-069 - 4 hectares (ha) is under control. Six firefighters are assigned to this wildfire.
- RWF-070 - 155 ha is out of control. Twenty-one firefighters are assigned to this wildfire.
- RWF-071 - 66 ha is out of control. One firefighter is assigned to this wildfire.
Five aircraft are being shared between Wildfire RWF-070 and Wildfire RWF-071.
Since March 1, there have been 71 wildfires in the Rocky Mountain House Forest Area, burning a total of 316.20 hectares (ha).
As of 10 a.m. July 26, 2021 there were 51 wildfires in the Forest Protection Area of Alberta. Two are no out of control wildfires, 17 are being held and 32 are under control.
Since March 1 there have been 944 wildfires in the FPA, burning a total of 48,069.98 ha.
For more information on the current wildfire situation across the province of Alberta, visit wildfirestatus.alberta.ca
DOWNLOAD THE NEW ALBERTA WILDFIRE APP
Download the Alberta Wildfire App to access provincial wildfire status maps and updates on your mobile device.
If you're having a campfire in the Forest Protection of Area, make sure it's fully extinguished when you are done. Soak it, stir it, and soak it again until the ashes are cool to the touch. Never leave a campfire unattended!
For more information, please contact:
Provincial Information Officer
- Alberta Wildfire
- Alberta Fire Bans
- FireSmart in Alberta
- Alberta Emergency Alerts
- Air Quality Health Index
- Wildfire Smoke and Your Health
- 511 Road Reports
- Emergency Preparation