The wildfire danger in the Peace River Forest Area is now HIGH.
A fire advisory is in effect for the Peace River Forest Area. Current permits will remain active and new requests will be evaluated on case-by-case basis.
Under this advisory:
- Current permits remain active;
- New fire permits will be issued on a case-by-case basis.
- Any burning without a valid fire permit, other than a campfire, is prohibited.
- Safe wood campfires
- Backyard fire pits
- Portable propane fire pits
- Gas or propane stoves and barbecues
- Catalytic or infrared-style heaters
The fire restriction will remain in effect until conditions improve.
There are currently no wildfires in the Peace River Forest Area.
Since March 1, there have been 43 wildfires in the Peace River Forest Area burning a total of 21.75 hectares (ha).
PROVINCIAL WILDFIRE UPDATE
There are currently 50 wildfires in the Forest Protection Area of Alberta. Of these wildfires, 17 are being held and 33 are under control.
Since March 1st, there have been 959 wildfires in the FPA, burning a total of 47,585 ha.
For more information, visit the Alberta Wildfire Status Map.
DOWNLOAD OUR NEW APP
Alberta Wildfire has a new app! Download it today and get access to accurate, real-time information on wildfires in your area. You can also find information on fire advisories, restrictions and bans across the province and much more. If you have the original wildfire app on your phone, it's time to delete it.
Available for Apple and Android.
During wildfire season, you are required to have a fire permit if you plan on doing any burning in the Forest Protection Area, other than a campfire.
We urge everyone to use caution when working and recreating outdoors. Never leave your campfire unattended. Before leaving, be sure to soak your campfire, stir it and soak it again.
Please contact the local forestry office at 780-624-6190 to obtain your free fire permit.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
- Bookmark the Peace River Wildfire Update and check for updates anytime or subscribe to have it emailed to you.
- Download our app, available for Apple and Android devices.
- You can also find us on Facebook, Twitter, Youtube
- or visit www.wildfire.alberta.ca
For more information, please contact:
Provincial Information Officer
Mobile: (780) 420-1968
Report Wildfires 310-FIRE (3743)