The wildfire danger in the Lac La Biche Forest Area is Very High.
A fire restriction is now in effect for the majority of the Lac La Biche Forest Area, with the exception of the northern part of the area which remains under a fire ban and off-highway vehicle restriction. Please visit albertafirebans.ca for a map of the boundaries.
A provincial state of emergency has been declared. Albertans who require assistance can call 310-4455 for wildfire related information or visit www.alberta.ca/emergency.
Under this FIRE RESTRICTION:
- The Lac La Biche Forest Area will not be issuing fire permits
- All outdoor wood fires in backcountry and random camping areas on public land
- Charcoal briquettes in backcountry and random camping areas on public land
- The use of fireworks and exploding targets
- Wood campfires on private land and in designated campgrounds
- Charcoal briquettes on private land and in designated campgrounds
- Propane/natural gas-powered appliances
- Open flame oil devices (e.g., turkey deep fryers, tiki torches)
- Indoor wood fires contained within a device with a chimney and spark arrestor
- All appliances must be CSA approved and used per manufacturer’s standards
Please visit albertafirebans.ca to view a map of the impacted area. This fire restriction will remain in effect until conditions improve across the province.
An aerial shot of wildfire LWF148 taken Thursday, June 8, 2023.
LWF148 was detected Wednesday, June 7, 2023 and is classified as out of control at 1,300 hectares (ha) Yesterday, air tankers worked the fire throughout the day. Long term retardant has been dropped along the North, East and South East flanks. No growth was observed on the East flank during this burning period. Dozers were able to access the fire and worked through the night cutting dozer guard. Low intensity backing fire was observed on the North flank but the retardant is holding. Firefighters, airtankers, heavy equipment and helicopter bucketing operations are working on this fire.
The Alberta Wildfire website is available at wildfire.alberta.ca.
Download the Alberta Wildfire app today and get access to accurate, real-time information on wildfires in your area. You can also find information on fire advisories, restrictions and bans across the province and much more all on your mobile device.
Available for Apple and Android.
Before heading out, please check albertafirebans.ca to determine whether there are any fire advisories, fire restrictions or fire bans in effect for your destination.
For more information please contact:
Provincial Information Officer
- Alberta Wildfire
- Alberta Fire Bans
- FireSmart in Alberta
- Alberta Emergency Alerts
- Air Quality Health Index
- Wildfire Smoke and Your Health
- 511 Road Reports
Alberta Wildfire App for Apple or Android.
Alberta Fire Bans App for Apple or Android.