NOTE: Due to a server issue, the status map on the Alberta Wildfire App is not updating. Please use the wildfire status map on the Alberta Wildfire webpage for current locations. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and are working to resolve the issue.
Rain and cooler temperatures keep the wildfire danger at low in the Whitecourt Forest Area. Although it is harder for a wildfire to start, it is always important to take the time to prevent a wildfire.
Smoke continues to drift into the forest area from wildfires burning in in the Yukon, Northwest Territories and British Columbia. See the most current smoke forecast at firesmoke.ca.
If you are experiencing smoke related health concerns, visit Alberta Health Link or dial 811 for 24/7 health advice.
FIRE PERMITS ARE REQUIRED
Free fire permits are required for any burning (except campfires) within the Forest Protection Area of Alberta. Permits help firefighters know where planned burning is taking place, leaving them ready to respond to new wildfires.
If you need a fire permit in the Whitecourt Forest Area, call 780-778-7272.
If you burn without a permit, or outside of the permit conditions, your fire is a wildfire. Learn about violation tickets for burning without a permit.
HELP PREVENT WILDFIRE
Before you go camping, or taking a vehicle off-road, find out about fire advisories, restrictions, bans, and off-highway vehicle restrictions at Albertafirebans.ca, or on the Alberta Fire Bans app for Android or Apple devices.
WILDFIRE SITUATION | Aug. 13, 2018
Whitecourt Forest Area
- In the last 24 hours, there have been no wildfires in the Whitecourt Forest Area.
- Since March 1, 2018, there have been 51 wildfires; with a total area burnt of 13.99 hectares.
Province of Alberta
- There are 24 wildfires in the Forest Protection Area of Alberta.
- Current wildfire status: 1 is out of control, 6 are being held, 14 are under control and 3 have been turned over to the responsible party.
- Since March 1, 2018, Alberta has recorded 1,111 wildfires in the Forest Protection Area; with a total area burnt of 52,592.31 hectares.
For more information, visit the Wildfire Status Map.
ALBERTA WILDFIRE INFORMATION
- Email: subscribe to the email distribution list for the Whitecourt Forest Area Wildfire Update.
- Web sites: wildfire.alberta.ca, wildfirestatus.alberta.ca, Albertafirebans.ca
- Mobile Apps: