WILDFIRE HAZARD UPDATE
Wide spread rain will occur through out the Whitecourt Forest Area, reducing the wildfire hazard to low. Thundershowers are expected today as well.
If you see smoke in the forest, call 310-FIRE (3473).
WHITECOURT FOREST AREA WILDFIRE UPDATE 10:00 a.m., June 27, 2017
Currently, there are no active wildfires in the Whitecourt Forest Area. Since the start of the 2017 wildfire season, there have been 16 wildfires that have burned 10.08 hectares in the Forest Area.
PROVINCIAL WILDFIRE UPDATE 10:00 a.m., June 27, 2017
Currently, in the Province of Alberta, there are two wildfires that are classified as out of control, two that are being held, two that are under control and two have been turned over to the responsible party.
Since March 1, 2017, Alberta has recorded 553 wildfires in the Forest Protection Area that have burned a total of 2,523.46 hectares. For information visit the provincial wildfire status map.
WILDFIRE PREVENTION TIPS FOR USING AN OFF-HIGHWAY VEHICLE
- Remove debris - keep your machine debris free by checking it before, during and after a ride.
- Strategic parking - park your OHV on bare mineral soil if possible, do not park it in areas of dead, dry grass.
- Exit and check - when possible, drive out on the path you drove in on. This will help you check for fires that may have started.
Read more here.
- Whitecourt patrolman at 780-778-1590 or
- Whitecourt Fire Centre at 780-778-7272
Unless conditions change, your next wildfire update will be on June 29, 2017.
Wildfire Information Officer
Whitecourt Forest Area