A Fire Advisory has been issued for the Rocky Forest Area section of the Forest Protection Area due to current and forecasted weather conditions.Under this advisory, all existing permits will be canceled and no new permits will be issued.
- Any burning other than a campfire
- Safe wood campfires in campgrounds (within fire rings) or random camping areas
- Charcoal briquettes
- Portable propane fire pits
- Gas or propane stoves and barbecues
- Catalytic or infrared-style heaters
The Fire Advisory will remain in effect until conditions improve.Click here for Wildfire Hazard across Alberta.
Remember to check the hot spots on your Off-Highway Vehicle (OHV) and remove debris before and after use. Never leave a campfire unattended. Soak it, stir it and soak it again until cool to the touch to ensure it is extinguished. If you see a wildfire, report it immediately by calling 310-FIRE.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Barry A. Shellian RPFT
Wildfire Information Officer
Rocky Forest Area
Department of Agriculture and Forestry
May the forest be with you