Ignition operations on the Blackstone prescribed fire are scheduled to commence tomorrow July 07, 2017
The objective is to improve ungulate habitat by reducing shrub encroachment and reinvigorating grass growth. We will proceed when and where we can ensure a safe operation that will meet the overall objectives of the prescribed fire.
FIRE ADVISORY IN EFFECT
Due to current and forecasted weather a Fire Advisory is now in effect for the Rocky Forest Area (RFA) section of the Forest Protection Area (FPA).
For more information check ALBERTAFIREBANS.CA OR CALL 1-866-FYI-FIRE
Under this advisory, all existing permits will be cancelled (including burn barrels) and no new permits will be issued.The Fire Advisory will remain in effect until conditions improve
- Any burning other than campfires
- Safe wood campfires (within fire rings) or random camping areas
- Charcoal briquettes
- Portable propane fire pits
- Gas or propane stoves and barbecues
- Catalytic or infrared-style heaters
WILDFIRE PREVENTION TIPS
Albertans are always asked to use caution when recreating within the FPA:
- Clear debris from hot spots on your Off-Highway Vehicle.
- Ensure your campfire is out - Soak it, Stir it, Soak it Again.
Download the Alberta Wildfire app for Apple or Android devices.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Subscribe to the Rocky wildfire blog and receive an email when new information is posted.
To report a wildfire, call 310-FIRE (3473).
Barry A. Shellian RPFT
Wildfire Information Officer
Rocky Forest Area
Department of Agriculture and Forestry
May the Forest be with you