There are four wildfires in the Rocky Forest Area
RWF-62 is now being held at 1350 hectares and is located in the Coral Creek area
RWF-63 is now being held at 493 hectares and is located in the upper South Ram drainage.
RWF-64 is is under control at 0.1 hectares and is located north of Nordegg.
RWF-65 is out of control at 67 hectares located near Crescent falls.
Trail closure information:
Coral Creek valley, White Rabbit Trail/Hummingbird, and the area adjacent to Crescent Falls are closed to the public to provide locations for firefighting operations.
A Fire Advisory has been issued for the Rocky Forest Area section of the Forest Protection Area due to current and forecasted weather conditions.Under this advisory, all existing permits will be canceled and no new permits will be issued.
- Any burning other than a campfire
- Safe wood campfires in campgrounds (within fire rings) or random camping areas
- Charcoal briquettes
- Portable propane fire pits
- Gas or propane stoves and barbecues
- Catalytic or infrared-style heaters
The Fire Advisory will remain in effect until conditions improve.Click here for Wildfire Hazard across Alberta.
Learn more about Fire Ban System
Find the most current information on Fire Advisories/Restrictions/Bans throughout the province of Alberta at AlbertaFireBans.ca.
FOR MORE INFORMATION- 1.866.FYI.FIRE (394-3473)
- Subscribe to the RFA wildfire blog and receive an email when new information is posted.
- Download the Alberta Wildfire app for Apple or Android devices.
- Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- Visit wildfire.alberta.ca
Barry A. Shellian RPFT
Wildfire Information Officer
Rocky Forest Area
Department of Agriculture and Forestry
May the forest be with you