There are currently two out of control wildfires in the Rocky Forest Area west of Nordegg:
RWF-62 is 1250 hectares located in the Coral Creek area
RWF-63 is 492 hectares located in upper south ram drainage.
The Coral Creek staging area and the White Rabbit Trail/Hummingbird are closed to the public to provide locations for firefighting operations.
A Fire Advisory has been issued for the Rocky Forest Area section of the Forest Protection Area due to current and forecasted weather conditions.Under this advisory, all existing permits will be canceled and no new permits will be issued.
- Any burning other than a campfire
- Safe wood campfires in campgrounds (within fire rings) or random camping areas
- Charcoal briquettes
- Portable propane fire pits
- Gas or propane stoves and barbecues
- Catalytic or infrared-style heaters
The Fire Advisory will remain in effect until conditions improve.Click here for Wildfire Hazard across Alberta.
Learn more about Fire Ban System
Find the most current information on Fire Advisories/Restrictions/Bans throughout the province of Alberta at AlbertaFireBans.ca.
NEW 2017 REGULATIONS FOR THE FOREST PROTECTION AREA
Alberta Agriculture and Forestry has announced changes to the Forest Prairie and Protection Act and Regulations. The changes are in support of the government commitment to protect Albertans and their communities from the threat of wildfire. Full details on the changes can be found here
FOR MORE INFORMATION- 1.866.FYI.FIRE (394-3473)
- Subscribe to the RFA wildfire blog and receive an email when new information is posted.
- Download the Alberta Wildfire app for Apple or Android devices.
- Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- Visit wildfire.alberta.ca
Barry A. Shellian RPFT
Wildfire Information Officer
Rocky Forest Area
Department of Agriculture and Forestry
May the forest be with you