Please be advised the Fire Advisory for the Edson Forest Area (EFA) is lifted as of 9:00 a.m. Fire permits will again be issued as normal. Remember that you still need a fire permit for any burning, other than campfires, until October 31 which is the last day of wildfire season.
Thank you for doing your part to prevent wildfires.
The wildfire hazard is LOW for the Edson Forest Area (EFA). However, areas of dead, dry grass and leaf litter create a wildfire hazard. Please use caution in these areas.
WILDFIRE PREVENTION TIPS
- Never leave your campfire unattended! Abandoned campfires can be a problem at this time of year. Make sure it is completely extinguished before you leave your site. Remember to soak it, stir it and soak it again. If you can still feel heat coming from the ashes it is not extinguished. Don't assume your campfire will go out on it's own. It's more likely it will smoulder and come alive again when the winds pick up, spreading embers and starting a grass fire.
- Ride Debris Free. You can help reduce your chance of starting a wildfire by stopping frequently to remove any build up of debris from the hot spots on your Off-Highway Vehicle (OHV).
COME JOIN OUR TEAM
Skip the morning commute and take a helicopter to work! Apply by November 30 to become a wildland firefighter.
FOR MORE ALBERTA WILDFIRE INFORMATION
- Subscribe to the Edson Forest Area wildfire blog to receive an email when new information is posted.
- Download the Alberta Wildfire app for Apple or Android devices.
- Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- Visit wildfire.alberta.ca
Wildfire Information Officer
Edson Forest Area
Cell: (780) 712-5846