FIRE ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT SOUTH OF HIGHWAY 532
- All fire permits are suspended and no new fire permits will be issued until further notice.
- Safe Campfires are permitted in campgrounds and back country or random camping areas.
Which locations are affected?
- Fire Control Zones 1, 2 and 3.
- These zones refer to parts of the Forest Protection Area (FPA) south of highway 532, excluding the towns of Coleman and Blairmore, and the villages of Frank and Bellevue.
FOR MORE INFORMATION CHECK ALBERTAFIREBANS.CA OR CALL 1-866-FYI-FIRE
PROVINCIAL SUMMARY (29 JUNE 15)
The wildfire hazard in the northern part of the province is Very High to Extreme, as a result firefighters and equipment from all parts of the province are being exported to assist.
There are currently 125 fires burning in Alberta; 37 are Out of Control, 24 are Being Held, 64 are Under Control, and 1 has been turned over to the responsible party.
Since April 1, Alberta has recorded 1160 wildfires that have burned 132,839.76 hectares.
AAF currently has:
- 1241 firefighters, 150 helicopters and 18 airtankers pre-positioned or actioning wildfires in the province
- 2 airtankers imported from Quebec
AAF currently has exported:
- 24 firefighters and 6 aircraft to assist with wildfires outside of the province.