CFA WILDFIRE SUMMARY
The wildfire west of Coleman is Under Control at 99.5 hectares in size. There are 20 wildland firefighters working on the fire.
Alberta Agriculture and Forestry is working with the Municipality of Crowsnest Pass and the RCMP on the wildfire. Check here for the latest updates from the municipality.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
FIRE ADVISORY IN EFFECT - OCTOBER 17, 2017
- All fire permits are suspended and no new fire permits will be issued.
- Safe Campfires are permitted in campgrounds and backcountry or random camping areas.
Further restrictions may be implemented if conditions persist.
FOR MORE INFORMATION CHECK ALBERTAFIREBANS.CA OR CALL 1-866-FYI-FIRE
WILDFIRE PREVENTION TIPS
Albertans are always asked to use caution when recreating within the FPA:
- Clear debris from hot spots on your Off-Highway Vehicle.
- Ensure your campfire is out - Soak it, Stir it, Soak it Again.
PROVINCIAL SUMMARY - 19 OCTOBER 2017
- Alberta currently has 18 wildfires: 2 are Being Held, 13 are under control and 3 have been turned over to the responsible parties.
- Since March 1, Alberta has recorded 1,212 wildfires that have burned a total of 47,573.64 hectares.
2017 REGULATION CHANGES FOR THE FOREST PROTECTION AREA
Alberta Agriculture and Forestry has made changes to the Forest Prairie and Protection Act and Regulations. The changes are in support of the government commitment to protect Albertans and their communities from the threat of wildfire. Full details on the changes can be found here.
Calgary Wildfire Information Officer